Fan-Lit: Horror Books Top 50 List

Welcome Everyone!

Welcome Everyone!

Thanks for visiting my blog where I review books and stories. I am a published author and I have a Master's Degree in English and Creative Writing. Some of my favorite books are The Hunger Games series, the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, The Great Gatsby and The Joy Luck Club. I love to read and write short stories; as well as discuss writing and literature in any medium. Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment and make recommendations.



Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Horror Books Top 50 List


With Halloween coming up it's a good season for reading horror books. The site Goodreads.com has posted their top 50 horror books. Read here for the complete list. According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary online, “horror” is defined as “painful and intense fear, dread, or dismay” or an intense aversion to something (Merriam-Webster, 2019). So, when we read horror or thriller works we expect to read something that we might be afraid of or disturbing. I'm not someone that reads horror or watches it either, but I have read three of the works on the Goodreads list. A few books on the list that I want to read and a few that I've not read but seen the movie versions.

Books I've read
Edgar Allen Poe (various stories)
Mary Shelley Frankenstein
Bram Stoker Dracula

Books I want to read
Robert Louis Stevenson - The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Shirley Jackson The - Haunting of Hill House
Ray Bradbury – Something Wicked This Way Comes
Richard Matheson – I Am Legend

Movie versions I've seen but not read.
World War Z
Warm Bodies
Flowers in the Attic


Here are two reviews I've done for Edgar Alla
n Poe. The Masque of the Red Death is my favorite work of Poe, because it not only sets up the eerie location and atmosphere but the story of the prince and the townspeople. It's filled with wonderful imagery and symbolism, that I go over in my review.

How many of the books on this list have you read? What are some of your favorite horror/thriller books? Leave your comments below or tweet to me @BelleArboreus and share your thoughts on this list. 


If you are looking for a Children's book for Halloween check out mine, up on Amazon Kindle. It's called 'Who Scared Jack?' It's about a pumpkin named Jack and on Halloween night he gets terrified of a scary creature. Follow Jack around his mansion filled with ghosts, vampires and more to find out exactly who scared Jack. Link here https://amzn.to/33SatmE 



Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment