Fan-Lit: Dracula Readings part 2

Welcome Everyone!

Welcome Everyone!

Thanks for visiting my blog where I review books and stories. I am a published author and I have a Master's Degree in English and Creative Writing. Some of my favorite books are The Hunger Games series, the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, The Great Gatsby and The Joy Luck Club. I love to read and write short stories; as well as discuss writing and literature in any medium. Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment and make recommendations.



Monday, June 17, 2019

Dracula Readings part 2


Still working my way through Dracula. Right now it's all about Lucy and Dr. Seward. At first I had trouble switching between characters while listening to the audio narrator. His Dracula voice is similar to his Van Helsing voice. But eventually I sorted it out. At first I was not interested by the Lucy storyline. I still have no idea how Renfield plays into the story, so that's something I hope gets paid off. But I think I have finally cracked the Lucy story! She's slowly turning into a vampire and Van Helsing is trying to stop the transformation, without telling anyone. Still not sure how she got infected or what they will do with her.


It was also mentioned that Mina and Jonathan got married and that Mr. Hawkins died, leaving Jonathan his fortune. My question is when and how the story is going to get back to the Count and the castle. The book is titled Dracula and it's spent the last 10 or so chapters talking about these other (seemingly ancillary) characters. I also want to know what Mina's reaction to Lucy' fate will be. Is that what drives them back to castle Dracula?

I gotta say that I have, for the most part, enjoyed the story so far. I really do want it to pick back up with Dracula though, because I found him to be the most fascinating character so far. I still have about half of the book to go, so I'm hoping everything will wrap up and my questions answered. I am curious about he Van Helsing character, because I know of him as being this legendary vampire hunter, so I want to see how he will factor in with Dracula. I have about half of the book to go still, so I'll see how things turn out. 

If you've read the book, feel free to post your comments and thoughts. Go ahead and tweet at me, also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment