Fan-Lit: New Update!

Welcome Everyone!

Welcome Everyone!

Thanks for visiting my blog where I review books and stories. I am a published author and I have a Master's Degree in English and Creative Writing. Some of my favorite books are The Hunger Games series, the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, The Great Gatsby and The Joy Luck Club. I love to read and write short stories; as well as discuss writing and literature in any medium. Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment and make recommendations.



Monday, June 10, 2019

New Update!


Hello to all the blog readers out there, and everyone new to the blog. I just want to give an update to some changes that are going to be made on the blog. A few years ago I set out to create a blog where I could post reviews of short stories, which is primarily my main interest in reading and writing. Due to being in school at the time and having to read A LOT of stories, it made it almost harder to keep up with posting reviews on the blog. Over time, I have noticed that there is not much interest in reviews for just short stories. I then tried my hand at doing a companion podcast to the blog, I even reviewed a couple of books on there, which seemed to be more popular. But ultimately couldn't keep up.

I took a lot of time away from the blog due to graduating with my Master's Degree in English, working a full time job, and moving into a new place. Not to mention working on my own stories. Even though I haven't been posting regularly on the blog, I have been thinking about how I can make some changes and update the blog.

So here it is, the first change is going to be shortening the name of the blog from Fantastic Literature Review to simply Fan-Lit. I'm also accepting better suggestions as well. The other change is going to be the content posted on here. Instead of just posting reviews of short stories, I want the blog to become more discussion focused. So in addition to posting reviews of not only short stories, but stories of all genres, I will be also posting movie reviews, discussion posts, lists, and my general thoughts on reading and writing. And the blog won't just be limited to the written literature, but also movies and television. While those are visuals medium, remember they start with a written script. And to be honest I don't read as much as I watch movies and TV shows.

The goal is to create a broader spectrum of content for the readers to enjoy. Not everyone reads a lot of short stories like I do, so expanding the topics will hopefully open the blog up to more readers. This also allows me to fully express the ideas and opinions that I want about the stories that interest me. In addition to the above content, I am also looking to post some of my own original stories on the blog as well. As for the podcast, I do not have any current plans for starting the podcast up again. It will be enough for me to just keep up with the blog for now. But I do have something in mind for possibly next year. 

So that's it! That's the new plan for the blog. I'm hoping the new changes will enable readers to want to discuss the topics. Please feel free to write in your thoughts, questions and comments. If there's a topic, or story that you want me to discuss then please let me know. Respond to the posts and let me know what is working for the blog and what is not working. I'm looking to post at least twice a week, so check back in every few days. Thanks all!

No comments:

Post a Comment