Fan-Lit: Dracula Readings Part 4

Welcome Everyone!

Welcome Everyone!

Thanks for visiting my blog where I review books and stories. I am a published author and I have a Master's Degree in English and Creative Writing. Some of my favorite books are The Hunger Games series, the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, The Great Gatsby and The Joy Luck Club. I love to read and write short stories; as well as discuss writing and literature in any medium. Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment and make recommendations.



Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Dracula Readings Part 4


Dracula Readings part 4



Chapters 17 thru 21
After the revelation that Lucy was turned into a vampire, my interest in the story went up. I like that when the group came together, they figured out to compile all of their journals and diary entries into a database, so that they can put all of the pieces together. I like that we finally reveal Renfield's involvement in all of this, because that was a big question that I had early on in the story.

There were things that I must have missed in the reading because I'm not sure why they are looking for these boxes that the count has shipped over. Are the boxes filled with his special dirt? Does he have more than one house that he has purchased in England? I'm not really sure what they are looking for when they are out hunting for the Count. Other than that, which is probably just something I missed, I'm really intrigued with how the story is going to unfold.

After the last chapter I read (21) the story took a dark turn that I did not see coming. Having the Count feeding off of Mina Harker. It was a nice subtle hint that I didn't pick up on with Mina being pale. As the story has gone on, I've grown to like Mina, so I'm curious as to what is going to happen to her now, if she becomes a vampire. Will Jonathan turn also? Will she kill Jonathan? And who is going to kill the count? If he dies at all? There's a lot of questions still left. I hope that Van Helsing (who is my favorite character, and now one of my favorite characters in literature) gets to stake Drac.

The only thing I'd have to say that I don't care about are the three suitors of Lucy: Dr. Seward, Quincy Morris and Arthur Holmwood. I don't feel that they a re distinct enough from each other to justify there being three of them. But maybe there is something that I am missing, still.

Next post will be chapters 22-27, finishing the book. If you have any thoughts on Dracula, please I want to hear them. If you have any insight into the questions I've asked, let me know. Comment below or tweet at me. Until next time, beware the mist!

No comments:

Post a Comment